NSAS is an all-volunteer organization. To make our programs successful, we need membership involvement in all of our activities. Donating even a few hours of time can help a lot. There are all sorts of fun ways to get involved – from helping out with a classroom visit, bird walk or special event, to monitoring your own area for breeding birds, to helping find new and better ways for our Audubon chapter to make a difference.
NSAS volunteers demonstrating assembly
of a bird box © 2010 Stephanie Turnipseed
Why volunteer? There are lots of good reasons. Here are a few:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Give back to your community
- Try something new
- Share your skills
- HAVE FUN
Current Volunteer Needs
Opportunities abound. We will keep the list below up-to-date with our current volunteer needs. Contact Wendy Schackwitz (napa-solano-birds AT outlook.com) or any Board member about these and other opportunities.
- Outreach & tabling at various events Volunteers are needed to help with designing exhibits and flyers, helping with PR, outreach at our welcome tables, and leading beginning bird walks for families. Only a couple of hours per volunteer and always great fun!
- Assist with publicity & communications. We could use help in getting more exposure in the local news for our events and activities. And use your skills with social networking to help 'tell our story" and gain new friends.
- Educational programs Help our Education committee with presentations and outings with youth groups. Assist with our Bird Monitoring programs at schools. 'Staff' a welcome table at events.
- Consider a Board position. Officer elections are held in May, but you can participate now! Board Meetings are usually held on the last Monday of the month August through May, and members are welcome to attend and participate. Please contact a Board member for more information.